Salmon tartare with avocado and sesame oil
Ingredients for 4 people
- 400g (14 oz) raw salmon
- 2 avocados
- 2 shallots
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons of juice
- Chopped dill and lamb’s lettuce
- Pepper and salt to taste
– Cut the raw salmon into small cubes and put aside.
– Add the finely chopped shallots, oils, lemon juice, dill and a twist of the pepper mill.
– Salt according to taste, mix everything.
– Cut the avocados into small cubes and season them with lemon so that they do not darken.
– Using a presentation ring, fill the ring by starting with the avocado, then the diced salmon.
– Sprinkle the top of the tartare with a few chopped leaves of lamb’s lettuce.
This dish is begging for a crisp white wine with citrus flavours to compliment the oily rich flesh and the lemon component.
The Clos du Roc 2018 Cuvée from Domaine Fournier Père et Fils will be a match made in heaven for this starter.